Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Charcoal is a great option when grilling. It offers a high heat while providing a subtle flavor to the food that you are cooking.
Although everyone tends to focus on meat on the grill it is worth not forgetting that vegetables are also a wonderful choice to be cooked over charcoal.
This recipe however is a great combination of both vegetables (green beans) and meat (bacon). The fat in the bacon helps to protect the green beans from the sometimes harsh heat of the charcoal allowing them to cook through without burning.
The Bacon Wrapped Green Brean Recipe
- 1/2 cup Texas-style BBQ sauce or your favorite sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh green beans such as haricot vert or snake green beans, stems removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
See Full Recipe